Photo credit: Jojo Harper
Whilst gyms remain closed to many of us, we’re bringing you another at home workout you can do with little or no equipment.
This 20-minute circuit can be done as a standalone workout, repeated with a rest period, doubled or even tripled up to give your legs and core some serious work!
The workout is designed to be done with either no weight or minimal weight. The aim is to complete as many reps, explosively, as possible.
This workout consists of 10 exercises for 1 minute each, interspaced with 30 seconds running on the spot and 30 sec of bodyweight squats, so each mini-set will take 2 minutes. If you can, go straight from one exercise to the next without any rest. One round takes just under 20 minutes to complete. The exercises are divided roughly into a leg dominant and core dominant section.
- A yoga mat, towel or rug
- Kettle bell or backpack that can be loaded with weight (books or water bottles are a great option for this)
Start with the 30 seconds running on the spot and bodyweight squats and repeat after each exercise below
- Mountain Climbers
- Alternate Leg Lunges
- Kettlebell Swings (with weight)
- Bent Over Row (with weight)
- Bicep Curls (with weight)
- V Sit
- Russian Twists (with weight)
- 30 x Squat Jumps (As high and fast as you can)
Let us know how you get on!